Keeping Your House in Order

Share This Post

Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on email
Bob Scott

Brother and Sisters

Keeping Your House in Order:

Over the past couple of years, I have lost some close and personal friends unexpectedly. These friends were Ford workers and Local 707 members who unfortunately did not have their House in complete order.

For some of us over the course of our working life here at Ford, many things in our personal lives change (marriage, children, divorce, beneficiaries….). When changes like this occur in our lives it is extremely important that Ford Hourly Personnel is aware of all these changes and the proper documentation is provided to Ford Benefits department.

Some of the things that must be in order are; If your status changes from single to married you must notify Ford benefits; your spouse does not automatically go on your benefits. You must provide the proper documentation.

If you have a child, your child must be added to your benefits with proper documentation.

If you are separated or going through a divorce, legal documentation must be provided to Ford Hourly Personnel.

If you were divorced at some point in your working life at Ford and re-married,you need to make sure all of your documentation with Ford Motor Company reflects your wishes just in case something my happen to you unexpectedly.

These are just a couple of examples of things that need to be addressed Nowbefore it’s too late. If you are not sure that your documentation is in order withFord Motor Company contact Phyllis Spagnuolo (905-845-2511 x 3630).

Bob Scott
OAC Plant Chairperson Local 707


House In Order