PEL – Training Course Application Kit: September – December 2022
DO NOT FOLD
NOTE: Your application will not be considered unless you complete ALL the paperwork and
sign all the forms. To receive your correct weekly wages, please take special care to complete
and sign the LOST TIME WAGE VERIFICATION FORM. The Local Union will not fill this in for you. If you are wanting to attend a course – fill out the forms completely or you will not be selected to attend.
If you are on VACATION the week of your selected course, you must take your replacement week immediately afterwards and submit a signed voucher upon applying for the course. Do NOT claim lost time the week of the course.
A participant is eligible to attend while on layoff provided that the period of the current layoff did not commence more than six months prior to the beginning of the program. Earnings will be maintained by the unit fund and must be reported to EI as normal. (PEL By-Law).
If a participant is on WSIB or Sickness & Accident benefits at the time of the course, that person is not eligible to attend. (PEL By-Law)
Family Education Centre COVID-19 Protocols
Welcome! A quick update to let you know about some of our policies/procedures in regards to COVID-19 during your stay at the FEC:
- Pre-screen yourself each morning (please see pre-screen checklist)
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the Centre
- Disinfecting is done regularly throughout the day in all public areas
- Meals will be served in main dining room 7:00am – 8:30am, 12:00pm – 1:00pm, 5:30pm-7:00pm but will be staggered depending on numbers including breaks
- Front desk is available Monday – Thursday 8:00am-3:00pm – closed from 12:30pm-1:30pm
- Guest rooms have been cleaned and sanitized prior to your arrival
- You will keep the same room during your stay
- Your room should be well stocked however if you need anything please call the housekeeping office at extension 3247 (messages will be heard each morning at 8:30am)
- If you require any room maintenance during your stay or anything outside front desk hours please call 519-708-0414 or 519-708-0447
- On check out days please leave your key card in your room
- The gym, sauna and whirlpool are not available at this time
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
CLICK ON THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON BELOW TO SEE COMPLETE LIST
** Courses are occasionally subject to change. Please check the website ( uniforeducation.org ) to ensure you have the most up-to-date schedule**
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SCHEDULE? Please contact Dave Millar at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the PEL Student Application form for 2022 below. I have highlighted what is required from you to fill it out properly. You can adjust if you are comfortable with Daily Housekeeping Services and if you are a Skilled Trades member prior to printing.
All Forms MUST be Handed in at the monthly Membership Meetings UNIFOR LOCAL 707 or in the absence of Membership meetings during COVID-19 Pandemic, please bring directly to Dave Millar (Vice President) at the Union Hall.
Due to the limited availability of courses and rooms due to COVID-19 restrictions, there will be more denials than usual for course selection. Upon confirmation from Port Elgin, you will be notified via email about your course selection. If you do not receive an email, you have not been selected to go.
As per the regular practice of the local union, those in elected positions will be selected to go to courses as needed to benefit the members that they represent on the floor. The next group selected will be those who are actively involved within the standing committees of the local, followed by members looking to attend a course for the first time who are looking to be involved but have never taken a step to getting involved with the local union. We aim to involve as many members as possible in the Education possibilities. In the event of everything being equal status the person(s) selected will be with the most seniority if the centre is full. Every effort will be made to get as many members involved as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me direct and I will be happy to guide you through the process.
Unifor Local 707
(905)844-9451 – Direct Line